Tuesday, May 31, 2011

you live, you learn 7

- Although I'd already been in Southeast Asia for over a month, I didn't need to use a plug adaptor until I got to Bali.
- The most expensive coffee in the world is made from animal feces.
- On my flight from Bangkok to Denpasar, you could watch the runway in real time during taxi and take-off on the entertainment monitors.
- In Bali, some restaurant menus include tax and service charges in the pricing while others don't.  The percentages charged for tax and service are not consistent from one place to another.
- Herpes B infects 80-90% of adult macaques.  This is the type of monkey that lives in the Sacred Monkey Forest in Ubud, Bali.
- It's easier to find a tongue scraper than it is to find dental floss in Ubud.
- Some birds naturally give themselves colonics using their beaks.
- People who get botox injections feel happier as a side-effect because they can't physically make their faces into a frown.
- Termites eat wood twice as fast when listening to heavy metal music.
- The ideal amount of food to eat in one sitting is what fits into your hands cupped together.
- I was in Bali for 46 days and I did not get Bali belly :)
- The man in line in front of me waiting to use the washroom on one of my flights was barefoot.
- With the exception of adding a link, all posts to this blog while I was on this trip were done on an iPod.
- Birmingham has more miles of canals than Venice.
- In order to thrive, a butterfly needs to struggle through the process of emerging from the cocoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment