Sunday, July 4, 2010

and i quote

Another great thing about travelling is the interesting conversation! Here are some of the best lines of the trip so far, based on entertainment value, storytelling capability, insight and/or randomness...

"There aren't many things you can trust an Aussie with, but a barbie is one of them." - Amy to our Australian tour guide Brett, as he was cooking us an Asian noodle stir-fry for dinner on the BBQ.

"You're a good dancer but not the best." - Mick, the bar and hotel owner in Quorn, to me after all the ladies from our tour group got down from dancing on top of the bar.

"How did the animals get the best real estate in the city?" - Sarah, a hotel employee, after I told her we'd spent the day at the Taronga Zoo in Sydney which boasts views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge.

"Long time ago."- Miss Korea 1987, without looking up from painting my toenails at a nail salon in Sydney, after I asked if the framed pictures from the competition on the wall were her.

"Oop! We got one." - Dan, our tour guide, after a big thump then bump turned a wallaby into roadkill as all the women on the bus shrieked, en route to the campsite where we were going to have kangaroo for dinner.

"You look like you could be German... or at least European." Anja, a 19-year-old German traveller, to me after Roscoe, the hostel manager, guessed that I was German out of a group of 6 people, 3 of whom were German.

"Your pants are on fire! Your pants are on fire! Your pants are on fire!" - Marshmallow provider for our tour group's bonfire to me, before I realized my pants were in fact on fire, resulting in a small hole and 2 tiny burn marks on my leg.

"I have a question. Can you tell me what highway we're on?" - Me to gas station attendant late at night after I thought Priscilla and I might've missed a turn on our way up the east coast.

"That's a good question. It depends. What highway would you like to be on?" - Gas station attendant to me in response to my question above.

"Welcome to my office!" - My tandem skydiving instructor Wade, shortly after the parachute opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment